How to set up your Boutique
- Firstly you will need to register for a seller account. Follow the on screen instructions to sign up.
- Fill in all required information into appropriate fields
- On the register account screen you will be asked to enter information that relates to your boutique. This includes:
- Shop Name
- Telephone number
- Provide PayPal information. (There is a user guide with further instructions alongside paypal field)
- Add Social network links: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Google + /
You can select a Facebook username at: http://www.facebook.com/username, alternatively paste everything after facebook.co.uk/
- Upload your logo (contact us if you need a logo designing). Logos should be 180 x 180 pixels
- Upload a featured image - choose an image that reflects your range perhaps a best selling item or professional shot.
- Provide a shop description detailing what your shop offers e.g.: vintage clothing. You can also include contact details in the description including a phone number and email address so you can handle enquiries.
- Finally create a password.
Your Boutique will go Live straight away this will be reviewed by a member of the Fashionfinds team within the hour. You will be invoiced within 24 hours and payment of £99 must be made in full to us within 3 days by paypal or Bank Transfer.
You are now ready to sell your products via fashionfinds.co.uk. Congratulations!
Adding Stock and Handling Orders
Once your shop is created you will need to log in and go to Dashboard – the link to log into your boutique can be found at the bottom the the page titled ‘Retailer Log In’.
In your dashboard you will see:
- View Orders: View orders and customer details for all of the orders placed in your boutique.
- Manage Products: A complete list of products currently for sale in your boutique for you to edit or remove, or for stock control.
- Manage Shop Profile: Edit your shop front including logo, store information and featured images. You can also add information on any forthcoming events (e.g. fashion fairs or catwalk shows)
- Add Product: Add a new product to your boutique.
- Postage: Here you need to manage your postage costs. Set your own store costs – use the Royal Mail Website for guidance.
Provide different options including 1st Class, Next Day, International, etc. We suggest adding recorded delivery if you are selling particularly expensive items. You can also offer a ‘collect from store’ option. You will need to set prices for 1 item - plus additional charges per extra item.
Listing Products and Item Descriptions
Item Description – (Information to include)
Information describing the item.
Describe the item in detail (e.g. Maxi Sequin embellished scalloped neck sleeveless dress). Making reference to current trends or celebrities spotted in similar outfits can boost sales.
Size of Garment
Please provide as much information as you can relating to the size of the garment for sale including all measurements. You can enter this in UK and European Sizes if you wish.
Detail the type of fabric used to make the garmentand describe any embellishments etc.
Boutiques on fashionfinds.co.uk must abide by the distance selling regulations and therefore must adhere to the following policy.
Items may be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receiving the item, so long as the item is received back to the seller in the same condition as it was sent. The buyer should check with the seller if they wish to exchange for another item or another size to see if the alternative is available. If the item is significantly different to how it was described the buyer will also be entitled to a full refund (within 45 days of the transaction).
Boutiques making custom made items / Personalised items; can enforce their own policies which must be fair and reflect statutory rights. Please include this information within your store description or product description.
Your Portrait product images should be 870 pixels x 1262 pixels.
Always start with a large image and scale down to this size using a photo editing package / paint / windows photo editor or online you can use http://www.resizeyourimage.com. The image must meet exact proportions both width and height.
You can have up to 4 images for each product and these need to have the same dimensions as above. You could use close ups or professional shots to help sell the item.
We enforce strict guidelines in relation to image size as we need consistency across the site therefore if images do not meet these requirements your image will not upload. Contact us for help email@example.com.
Your logo will need to meet the dimensions 180 x 180 pixels – If your current logo does not fulfil these requirements or cannot be resized you will need to redesign this. Contact us if you need assistance firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not enforce dimensions for this image.
Fashionfinds.co.uk operates a zero tolerance policy towards the buying and selling of counterfeit goods. We are committed to protecting our buyers from counterfeit goods and we constantly patrol the site in search for such items.
If you are found to be selling counterfeit goods on Fashionfinds.co.uk your Boutique will be automatically shut down and you will not be allowed to re-register a boutique. You will also be reported to the relevant authorities.
Making You First Sale
Please notify your customer via email that their item has been shipped and change the status in the dashboard.
Ensure you update the stock in your boutique when sales are made.
Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance with setting up or the running of your Boutique we are always happy to help.